Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Boot Camp

While I have been pregnant I have really tried to keep up exercise. I love taking classes at the gym. I am so much more motivated to work out when I have someone yelling at me:) My favorite class is boot camp. I try to take it every friday. This has been our latest workout. I'll try to remember everything we do, but I will probably miss some things. Its  amazing what these teachers can fit into an hour!

warm up: jumping jacks, running in place, straight cardio for about 5 min. to get the blood pumping, and short stretch

-alternate between holding plank, mountain climbers, and push-ups.

stations: We have 4 stations we alternate. I think each station we are at for a minute each.
-station 1-squats while holding a weighted ball, throw it in the air and squat again
-station 2-running in and out of a ladder placed on the floor.
-station 3- Abs on exercise ball
-station 4-running up and over a row of steps (can do one leg jumps or 2 leg jumps too)

...transition into the big gym which is the size of a basketball court.

-sprint 3 laps around the gym

drills: we are then put into groups of 3..we do each thing 4 times and go the full length of the court and back.
-sprints
-kareoke
-high knees
-tire runs
-barrel runs

Then we all lunge half the length of court then do inch worms the rest of the way (repeat to the other side)
wall sits
kicks across the court then kicks with a jump (hitch kicks across the court)

repeat all the drills (sprints, kareoke, high knees, tire runs, and barrel runs, but doing each one once (instead of 4 times)

transition back to the workout room
-repeat the stations from the beginning once
-4 sets of abs ( I usually just stick to plank since I can't really do ab workouts anymore)
-stretch...or just lay on the floor like you are dead...that's how I always feel after I do this class:)

-So it may seem a little much for being about 8 months pregnant...but I just do my best and try not to overdo it. I feel like I have a pretty good sense of my body and can tell when I need to stop for a break, but for the most part I feel like I keep up pretty well! I am just hoping this helps with the marathon of labor and delivery:) I just love how good I feel after I workout...I could obviously work on some of my eating habits, but feel for the most part we eat pretty healthy. My biggest weakness is chocolate and I just hope the exercise makes up for it!

3 comments:

  1. You amaze me. I can't picture myself doing that now. Doing that pregnant is out of the question. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im crazy...and I love that 2 days after I posted this I rolled my ankle in that class lol I posted too soon!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome, when you start your pregnancy fit and keep it going at a safe level it's amazing what you can do right up until the baby arrives! I enjoyed ballet at BYU my second trimester pregnant with Elijah. I'm hoping to exercise after I get past the I'm about to throw up stage! Looking forward to some good yoga :) And I hope your ankle feels better!!!!

    ReplyDelete