Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mockingjay: From Nathan

A great metaphor for the world we live in
The series obviously was full of metaphors of the effects of war and media but the last book has been the center of debate. It is the debate a wish to address. Every choice the author made was the one that would try Katniss the most. Who wants to read a book where the main character jumps over small hurtles? Turning Peeta against Katniss is the one thing that would hut her the most and help her determine her own feelings for him. That was necessary. As far as Gale is concerned-good riddance. I waited for the day when Katniss would get over a non-existent fantasy. She had no future with Gale but in hunting. Peeta was a man who dealt with the deep things of the heart. Gale lived off of revenge and selfish lust. He didn't seem to really care about what Katniss was going through; only if she would ever "run away" with him. Peeta wanted to save society. Gale wanted to save himself. I hope this bashing on Gale stirs up some disagreement from my readers.

let us not forget the elucid Plutarch. Is that a word? This man lived beneath the veil of optimism and distorted reality. Underneath he was a mad scientist. A gamer in the truest sense. Megan asked me what a gamer in the truest sense means. I don't know. Anyway. I really think he is what his career was. A gamemaker. I think he understood the true hunger games and let them play out just as he would have as a gamemaker. Never really looking at the horror of it as he would have had to do designing the games. Thus he views the world with a sense of false optimism dening reality but understood the science behind it all. He remains in some respects a mystery. Was he part of coin's plan as P. Snow pointed to or did he just let the games play themselves out and revel watching how it would all turn out? Your guess is as good as mine and we will never fully understand him, but one thing is for sure. Don't go on a date with him. Oh, who launched the bombs on the kids. Obviously Coin but was plutarch aware of this sick choice. wouldn't be surprised.

I admit that i got emotional with Finnick dying. I kept waiting for it to happen and when it did I felt the blow.

Wasn't surprised that katniss killed Coin. Not at all

I thought the end was good.

Did you see our halloween costumes?

huduhduhduhduh Christmas Hug!

1 comment: